Worst numbness ever

I have been suffering from chronic neck/back pain, left sided numbness, pins/neddles both hands/feet. Have history of anxiety, just started on Zoloft (did one week at 25mg) now on week 5 at 50 mg, for the last 3 days I noticed my symptoms are worsening and think Zoloft is the cause although it is helping with my anxiety attacks, I plan to call my Dr tomorrow. Has anyone experience a similar symptoms?

4 Replies

• You say your symptoms are chronic which implies they have Ben present for years and yet you've only been on Zoloft for 5 weeks so difficult to believe it is the cause. See what your doc thinks tomorrow.

• Yes, my symptoms were present prior to Zoloft but I was wondering if Zoloft had made symptoms worse because it was not as bad as it is now

• Have you had your B12 and folate levels checked at all? Chronic pain, numbness and pins/needles are amongst the symptoms of deficiencies in these two vitamins - along with anxiety - and this can happen in the absense of any macrocytosis though GPs frequently use this as the benchmark for deciding if there is a likely deficiency (as range for B12 is not a conclusive guide)

This is a link to symptoms of B12

Zoloft is an SSRI and they can deplete folate levels in some patients which would make the symptoms worse.

• Thank you! This is good information! I have not had those vitamins checked but will talk to my PCP! Thanks again

You may also like...