"Brain and eye buzzing"

I'm on escitolopram (generic lexapro) and doing so much better regarding depression and anxiety. But I've been having a weird symptom and was wondering if its a side effect of the medication or of anxiety.... Every so often in the middle of the night I wake up and my mind is "buzzing" (not racing) and my eyes are darting all over the place. After a minute or so it goes away, but I've never had this before. Has anyone else experienced this?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi librarylil, I've been on Lexapro for over 5 years now and haven't experience that sensation. It might be from the anxiety more than the medication but depends how long you have been on it.

• I've been on the Lexapro since January. It's a weird feeling, but goes away after a few minutes. Thanks.

• I've had that happen to me and I currently don't take any medications,does it feel like someone put a vibration against your skull when it happends?

• I suffer anxiety but not on any medication for it. Take BP meds though. I have had the sensation that my eyes are darting all over the place when I wake up. I tell myself that I have woken up in REM mode. I may be wrong. It is not a nice feeling. Do you get or have you ever had feelings of dizziness or that you might pass out? I only ask that because it is something that I have from time to time.

You may also like...