My Day for Catheter Ablation

Well, tomorrow is my day with catheter ablation.  It was scheduled for two weeks ago, but my doc put it off until tomorrow.  I am glad he didn't put it off any longer than he did because my shortness of breath is getting worse.  I just hope it works as well for me as it did for some of you.  I have learned a lot about AFIB.  I thought it was just an irregular heart beat.  I had no idea it could take so many forms.  Mine is electrical and the atrial portion of the heart doesn't beat at all - it just spasmodically flutters.  I guess the ablation removes the malfunctioning nerve tissue. 

13 Replies

• Best of luck for tomorrow Ron. Look forward to a full report. Then take it easy for a couple of weeks 

• Hope it works for you 

• Good luck. The ablation does not actually remove any tissue just quarterises it. 

• Good luck Ron, let us know how you got on.

• All the best. Let us know how it goes.

• Best of luck, look forward to hearing how it all goes for you. 

• good luck Ron  let us know how you get on

• Stay calm. Go with the flow and I promise that there are worse procedures, especially at the dentist's. The worst part of my ablation was getting to the hospital for 7am.

Best wishes.

• Best wishes and look forward to hearing how it all went.

• All the best for tomorrow, take it easy for a few weeks and hopefully your quality of life will return

• Good luck and let us know how you go on. X

• Hope it all goes well.  Don't be disappointed if you get some AF or flutter back in the first 2-3 weeks – it's quite common and doesn't necessarily mean the ablation hasn't been successful, it may just be that the heart takes this time to settle down after the procedure.

• Saying a prayer for you...

You may also like...