I met with my new EP today at Westmead Hospital, who has accepted me as a patient for ablation. I suffer from PAF and although I am not in constant AF I am a good candidate to prevent my self from becoming a permanent sufferer. I am young at 59, relatively healthy, am on verapamil 240 mg and have been instructed to go onto anticoagulants until the ablation in several weeks as a private patient. My chances for success is 80% with the possibility of 1 -3 treatments to ensure that the treatment is successful. I am not concerned about having the ablation nor am I worried about the onset of AF after the treatment, I am assured this is normal and will settle. The reason I am posting is that for those of you who feel getting early intervention may be wrong, then don't feel that way, as it was explained to me, the healthier you are with less damage to the heart is easier to treat then leaving the problem until you become a total sufferer of AF where damage is worse. I have read and watched this forum for a fair bit of time and decided my course of action only because I am not prepared to take the drugs that have been mentioned on this site. They can give you bleeding problem, or fibrosis of the lung (as I am missing one from lung cancer I dont want any more problems) The EP was happy with my decision but insisted on the anticoagulants and verapamil. Wish me luck as my surgery wont be until 6,weeks. I hope that my story now and I will post another after will help with your decision making.