Hi all with my best regards,
Our journey began in august 2017. My husband is 54 years old dx with psa of 12 and gleason was 8 at the biopsy. One side all the cores was positive and the other side 2 of 6 cores was positive. Mri and pet and all tests showed no spread. We went 4 drs of urology and decidedu for davinchi robot RP. The dr is maybe the most experienced one in my country. He made my husband use casodex for 6 weeks and after that he performed the surgeryon 17 october 2017. After surgery ED is problem but he is not using pet since 2nd month. the pathalogy report showed gleason 3+4=7 and %5 of 5 pattern and 4 lymph node positive out of 24 removed which we didnt know before surgery despite ga68-psma scan was done.
2 months after surgery psa was 0.02 and at 3 months it is same 0.02 Our dr suggested that we will have another test 3 monts later untill then we will continou using lifta 5mg. No other drug. I am now worried if am losing very valuable time. Because he also have positive margines. In my country there is no oncology dr which is working for only PCa. Either Urology dr is treating or general oncology dr.
My first question is
Is waiting the right thing to do as our dr suggest?
I have been reading this forum whichmade me overcome the fear and frustration i felt at the beginning. In the mean time i thank you all for being there. Pls keep posting.