New here, 55 year old who was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 53. I

New here, 55 year old who was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 53. I

Getting diagnosed at 53 was the best day in my life.. as well as the worst day. Not sure if that makes any sense to anyone else. So each day is a journey, and I want to live it to the fullest.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello, just joined myself ☺ I was wondering if you got your diagnosis from your regular doctor, or did you find someone who specialized in AHDD to work with?

• It was actually a neurologist, they were originally testing me for CTE ( the concussion injury). No CTE, but hardcore ADHD

• Hi, got diagnosed just a few months ago at age 49. I'm 50 today and very relieved to know that there is an answer that explains my life. I started with 10mgs of ER adderall and have been slowly moved up to 25mg which makes day to day activities so much easier to accomplish.

• Are there any negatives to being on Adderall?

• Always with any drug but the general ones with Adderall are blood pressure elevation, rapid heartbeat and loss of appetite.

• Thank you

• Did you take medication for aniety? I am currently taking anxiety medication.. If so, did you have to go off it, or did the medication work with it