I am so grateful for this resource. My story in summary is this:
1. Hyperactive from early childhood through high school
2. Inattentive, struggled in school and college (dropped out eventually)
3. In 2005 (@ 30 yrs) Diagnosed with 2 disabilities (poor working memory, limited reading of face and body language [are you happy, mad, sad - I may not know)
4. Within a few months was taking Ritalin and eventually Adderall with success in focus, learning, retaining both at school, personal and work.
5. In 2008 was identified with a congenital heart valve defect. Required to stop taking stimulant medication. : (
6. In 2009 I had open heart surgery. No option to resume my ADD medication.
7. Later tried Strattera will terrible results/side effects. I felt inhibited brain power.
Today, I continue to struggle at work to perform to my abilities. I have not attempted school again because I doubt my retention and speed of learning will be worth the effort.
My ask: Advice on reigning in the chaos with...
- Work space best practices
- Consultants to help develop concrete solutions
- Therapist to support
- Psychiatrists with a focus on ADD/ADHD.