Active 10
3,633 members1,062 posts

Is anyone using wearable technology for step counters?

Does wearing these watches help motivate you?

12 Replies
oldestnewest

I use the misfit shine. I have had mine for 3.5 years and love it.

I just bought an inexpensive one, Jawbone Up Move and am very happy with it and yes they are a great motivator.

Just to add my husband has just had a kidney transplant and a birthday so I've bought him the newer version of mine which is a misfit ray to help him slowly build up his steps as he works at getting active again. He likes seeing the sleep side of it as well, I can already see that he is checking his stats to see how he is doing. So for some it is a great motivator.

1 like

My a cheap one does exactly the same as everyone's I was shocked when I compared

1 like

What's the name of your piece of kit please as I would much rather start with something that is cheaper....just in case I can't use it....and yes I'm old!!!! X

1 like

It's come up as a day day band on my phone

1 like

Thank you....I will try to buy one ..x

Flossie i have a fitbit bought it out of avon i think it was 40 euros it counts calories burnt distance kms how many steps and how much sleep i aim for 10000 steps or more i use it every day to keep me motivated i have got into the habit i want to know what i have achieved throughout the day. Iam not very good with gadgets but this is very simple to use when apps are mentioned i have not a clue. Good luck they are well worth it.

1 like

I got mine off site called wish 12 Il have to look for name for you

1 like

Yes please I would really appreciate that x

I have an app on my phone which is good but you must remember to have your phone with you at all times

1 like

Thanks to all who took the trouble to reply I'm really grateful. Hopefully after Easter I will get one and let it put me to work....xx

You may also like...