I have an appointment tomorrow about my AN (or not!). I was diagnosed last October, told it was a 7mm AN and what the options were for treatment. Had a 2nd MRI in January with contrast but apparently that showed no AN at all!
Thing is, I’ve been having symptoms for a couple of years (falling over, balance, tinnitus, hearing loss, headaches, numbness in face) hence the original referral. I’d never heard of AN, so I hadn’t made up the symptoms to match a hypochondriac imagined illness! Symptoms have been getting steadily worse. I fall a lot and hearing very bad so whatever is causing this is still there.
So I really want to speak to someone about it. But I’m also in a very high risk group for Coronavirus (asthma, high blood pressure, 2x immunosuppressive drugs for psoriatic arthritis) so I’m really worried about hanging around in a busy outpatient department.
Anyone any thoughts? I really can’t decide if I should go or not.