Make believe Scales 😔: Hi All🙂 Haven't... - Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support

109,180 members57,335 posts

Make believe Scales 😔

EmTee
EmTeeRestart October 2020

Hi All🙂

Haven't posted for a while but have been encouraged by the comments regularly.

Recently weighed myself on my sister's scales and allowed myself to believe the results - surprisingly I had lost some weight without really trying. I actually wondered if my GPs advice of eating breakfast regardless of how ill I was afterwards might actually be working, my sleep had improved which had also been a plus, the same GP said my weight gain was linked to my sleep deprivation.

Have to admit it felt nice! Until I went to an appointment last week and got on the scales. Turned out my sister's scales were out by 4 STONES!! 😑

7 Replies

Oh my, that's quite an inaccurate scale!

I see you haven’t posted for a while, so I thought I'd share some key reminders. 😄

All of the information you need about the forum can be found in Pinned Posts healthunlocked.com/weight-l...

You're very welcome to re-join some or all the Events, Challenges and Clubs that we run, especially the weigh-in and the daily diary (pinned at the right of the page on a computer or scrolling to the bottom on a phone) and if you hadn’t already taken it the first time, here's a tour of the forum healthunlocked.com/?tour=true

I hope you'll continue to find this a helpful place where you'll want to actively participate as that can be a helpful key to successful weight loss and, of course, it's a good way to get to know people, find inspiration and share support and encouragement.

Welcome back to the forum. 😄

EmTee
EmTeeRestart October 2020 in reply to SofaJockey

Thanks Sofajockey

Hidden
Hidden

I don't think you can have gained 4 stone without realizing! The scales are wrong somewhere! You're better off using a tape measure to see progress tbh.. A "thin" person could still have too much body fat for their weight. The scales aren't the whole picture at all. So don't panic 🙂

EmTee
EmTeeRestart October 2020 in reply to Hidden

Thanks for that mama2nana🙂 good tip about the tape measure🙂

teddy14
teddy141 stone

Sounds similar to my scales EmTee, if I put them on carpet,I love the reading even it is 5 stone out, how I wish 🤗 you never know dreams can come true 🧞‍♂️ until then we'll stick to the rabbit food 😄 xx

Lytham
LythamSuper Host 3st 7lbs

Can I borrow your sister's scales? Lol ! Would you like to join us on our weigh in? Here's the link, I hope to see you there! :-) x

healthunlocked.com/weight-l...

EmTee
EmTeeRestart October 2020 in reply to Lytham

Thanks Lyham🙂

You may also like...