This has happened to me very recently and after reading some of the replies to Jenny's question i am beginning to wonder if I should take matters further before signing the 'Compromise agreement' that they have put forward. I spoke to My union when the dismissal process was started and they were of the opionion that the company was following correct procedures and there was nothing else I could do
A brief summery of the situation as follows: I've been off sick after being diagnosed with WG for almost two and a half years, mainly due to lung problems for the past 18 months. My Lung consultant advised the Occupational Health Adviser that I could no longer work in the dust and fumes that were present in the factory. Even though my job was split between office work and working with my team of Craftsmen the Company decided that I could not come back to my original job and they had no other role to offer me that would not affect my condition. I am due to receive 3 months pay and outstanding holiday pay.
I have had time to prepare for this situation so am trying to stay positive, maybe time to set up my own business?