Vasculitis UK

In 2007 I had complete renal failure, they were kick started but a problem appeared on my left leg. First a huge blister around the ankle

area. This burst in hospital as I was just walking along. Then following that a huge scab appeared almost like a cricket pad. This has now been removed but it does leave a large area of bruise. Whilst in hospital a consultant advised that I was suffering from Vasculitis. I tried for several years the medication prescribed by my GP, however I still have a huge bruise covering 60% of my lower left leg. Can anybody advise anything that will help remove this bruise.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

I would like to know more about the history of your Vasculitis hamlet, if you don"t mind emailing me at John.vasculitis.org.uk .

Best Wishes

John

Hi John, What do you require, what information?

You say you took medication for years prescribed by your GP, was this for your Vasculitis?

John

Yes, it was for the removal of the bruise, which could be pigment discolouration.

Hi Hamlet,

Has your GP or consultant recommended that you are seen by Tissue Viability nurses. When I had ulcers on both legs they were the ones who treated them and the associated discolouration subsequently. I am pleased to say that the scarring has vastly improved after one year. Dave

Hi Albasain,

Do you know what they used to clean up the discolouration?

You may also like...