My last increase was 10 weeks ago and on 3 and half grain now. Last time I saw Dr S he recommended I increase to 3&3/4 grains (was on 2&3/4 at the time). I increased by 1/4 grain every 2 weeks but ended up in A&E with chest pain(muscle cramp to chest and throat) and stridor so had to reduce back to 3 and half. My GP thinks Dr S may be trying to overcorrect me!! but my symptoms have been much worse last few days where things had begun to improve and even my tongue had been getting smaller. Everything complicted by calcium problems. I saw hospital physician in Nov who said your blood results are all in range so you are better and did not reply when I asked why I was still so breathless and could not walk more than 50 metres? Was not at all interested in symptoms and when I confessed I had seen Dr S was willing to let me take his advice and asked if I wanted to be discharged. Have just received a copy of my hospital notes (not brave enough to read yet!) but have looked at blood tests and my B12 has been 155 (150-900) for over a year. I had started supplementing and had risen to 387 in Nov so have increased supplement dose. In Jan TSH was 0.05 and FT4 17.4 (9-21). GP has referred me to an endo at another hospital at my request as I still seem to be having calcium problems though I am not hopeful of a postive outcome. I am not sure whether to increase my Armour again (bit scared after last time) or should I wait for B12 to improve to see if my symptoms do? Sorry its a ramble (one day I may tell the whole long and sorry story but I was hoping to wait until its a success one!) Would be grateful for any advice. Thanks.
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.