Thyroid UK
82,821 members97,845 posts

Thank You! :)

Hello :)

This was the first forum that I joined and, being totally new to all of this, I've probably done many things wrong. For instance, I've suddenly realised that every time I've clicked the thumbs-up button, to Like someone's comment, they will have received a notification ("Venus77 liked your reply") and I have clicked that thumbs-up button LOADS...!! My over-abundant Likes must have been annoying so I want to apologise and promise I will try to remember to NOT click the Like button! :)

BIG thanks to everyone who has given me advice and support! :) X

9 Replies
oldestnewest

😄

4 likes

Venus77,

The Like button is there to be used. If members find the on-site notification annoying they can ignore it or ask HU if on-site notifications can be disabled.

3 likes

Good to know! Thanks :) Naturally, you were one of the recipients of my prolific Likes! ;)

3 likes

Venus77,

I did notice, thank you :-D

5 likes

Venus77,

No, please don't stop using the Like button! I believe the vast majority of members do appreciate the fact that someone 'liked' their post or comment. :)

10 likes

I love this! Definitely don't stop "liking". It's a good thing ☺

6 likes

I've liked all of these! I like likes! Lol! I think it's only rudeness and no manners I don't like, everything else is very likeable! :0) xXx

7 likes

This forum is the kindest and most knowledgable forum so I really like it xx

4 likes

Yes I often use the like to say I agree and to show I think it's important. So lots of likes post has good points of others to consider plus I think it gives the poster an indication what she/he may want to consider.

2 likes

You may also like...