Thyroid UK
91,651 members105,958 posts

Thyroid hit

My friend hugged me and her shoulder collided with my thyroid. It didnt feel like she hit it that hard but my thyroid has been hurting in a very annoying way and it feels like I have gunk in my throat I can't swallow. It's only been 24 hours. It feels like my thyroid felt before I took medicine or when I need to take a dose only worse. Could my thyroid function be messed up? Should this go away soon? Thanks.

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Lunation

Blunt Trauma certainly could have affected your Thyroid .. and if it were me ... I would be making an appointment for bloods to be taken ... you've been very astute in noticing the result of the ... bump !

And it would be very wise if you follow through with bloods to see if you're correct ....and better for you if it's nipped in the Bud , so to speak.

Get a printed copy of results Post them on here , not forgetting the numbers in brackets )

to see what they look like ..

Good luck

Mx🌹

1 like

24 hours is quite a short period of time. I would give it a few days for the swelling to go down (that's probably why you feel like there's something you can't swallow. After that if it's still feeling wrong consult a doctor like madge1979 suggests.

You may also like...