Feeling great without taking meds? Advice please

Hi all.

So today I had bloods so didn't take my thyroxine tablet in the morning and then forgot to take it later.

Anyway, I have been feeling really energised. I am usually really fatigued and that didn't happen today. Could the fatigue be a side effect from meds?

I did start holidays so no school, but still I felt more energised.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Please don't stop taking your meds! It could be you aren't on the correct dose or that a different kind of thyroid replacement might work better for you but I can assure you that this good feeling won't last. I took a week break from levo prior to starting on NDT and I felt great, brain fog disappeared etc..and then I woke up one morning feeling like I'd been hit by a bus !!

What meds are you on?

• I'm on thyroxine tablets 100micro grams daily and they are the brand eutroxig

• Do you have your most recent blood test results? If not, ask your doctor if you can have them and then start a new post on here with your results so we can see if you may be under medicated. If you aren't then it could be that a change of brand might help x

• I just had bloods on Saturday. Will post results when I get them some time this week. x

You may also like...