Can I take a 2nd dose of NDT in the afternoon

I have got myself to a place of feeling pretty good from morning unit about 3:30pm, and then I am tired. Not so tired that I have to sleep, but tired enough that I am not able to do anything. I take 3 NDT grains upon waking, and wondering if a fourth would be beneficial? I have attempted, but not stopped as I am not sure. Would love feedback, Thank you.

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Daisylain,

It would help members advise if you could post recent thyroid results and ranges. Increasing by 1 grain is a bit much. If your FT3 is within range you could take an extra half grain in the afternoon.

• Perhaps 2 and a half in the morning and a half in the afternoon, or 2 in the AM and 1 after 3pm?

• I would try first juggling by splitting your dose and if you can't improve on that add in half a grain

• Hi you could try 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. I only take two, one first thing and then one in the afternoon. It's hard to fit everything in though i.e. not eating before or after the afternoon one but I manage OK.

You may also like...