ENZYME MAGIC

Friends, I think EVERYONE especially those over forty can benefit from taking proteolytic enzymes. I've been reading on it for quite a while because inflammation seems to be a huge factor in chronic illness and while it is a protective mechanism when it becomes chronic it leads to all sorts of degenerative disease. The origination by Dr. Edward Howell began back in the 1930's: " While others were touting vitamins and minerals as the nutritional breakthrough of the century, Dr. Howell discovered perhaps the most vital nutrients of all are food enzymes. Through his extensive clinical research, he learned that food enzymes are essential for proper digestion which directly correlates with dramatic improvements in health and longevity."

We lose enzymes as we age and this is serious because you depend on them to mobilize energy from your food. They catalyze and regulate ALL THE BIOCHEMICAL REACTIONS in the body. First priority is digestion of food which will make metabolic enzymes. Enzymes unlock the energy in your body. Another fantastic effect of enzymes is the way they attack stealth infections. You may be unaware that they are the cause of some of your difficulties. Personally I've been desperate to find something that reduces inflammation and fights infection with not much success.

Since we are talking trillions of cells that may need repair it may be a slow process but if you combine digestive enzymes and unfiltered vinegar with meals and then proteolytic enzymes between meals away from food, you may see much quicker results. I am still experimenting with different types and Serrapeptase seemed to be prominent one. I can tell it is working and have finally broken that plateau for weight loss that has been going on for years and years.

I found this interview today although I've watched hours of these on you tube and thought her presentation was very succinct and clear.

Skip

Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Heloise thanks so much for doing the hard slog. My CRP is always raised when I have my bloods done (<10 but > 5) and I will give this a whirl...when I get back from my imminent holiday in Greece :)

• Marvelous, Rapunzel. For ages I've tried to find out the root cause which of course may begin with leaky gut but what happens after that is a cascade of the body's reaction in trying to save you. The onslought sets up all kind of inflammation as in your CRP, mine has always shown up in the ESR sedimentation rate. Finding what to do about chronic inflammation seems to be a deep mystery but this does SOMETHING I guarantee. The interview I just posted (this lady was also near Chernoble like Izabella Wentz) at the end does touch on possible healing reactions. Every once in a while I get a blip of something strange but it only encourages me. Stay in Greece as long as you can!!!!

• Hi Heliose.

I've been thinking of trying enzymes for my leaky gut too, so your post was well timed and I've just ordered some. I have thought for a long time that my gut was the key to why I have thyroid issues and flare ups of, what feels like inflammation, although my GP dissagrees. My problems all started after a back prolapse when I was put on maximum dose of NSAIDS. This wrecked my gut and I'm guessing that's how allergen got into my bloodstream, provoking antibodies that then attacked my thyroid.

I often wonder how many of us with thyroid problems can link it directly back to things that would have given us poor gut health ?

• lb, I think you are right. Nsaids do a lot more damage than that as well. I'm thinking that anything that can be treated with a supplement instead of a medication will be ignored by the medical professionals. I have to add I've been trying to restrict not only gluten but starch for now. Bacteria may be involved. A couple of times I've had gut pains and the woman in the video mentioned that your gut flora is changing so am thinking that is the cause. I used charcoal tablets and it stopped. It may have been a gall bladder incident since fats are increased but I don't know for certain. I would like to find out more and if I do I will post some updates.

Izabella Wentz has collected lots of information and finding the root cause has been her aim. Some think is may be a virus like Epstein-Barre that triggers it. The body could normally handle these things but we are up against too many toxins.

I hope enzymes will help you and you might look at William Wong's videos or Jon Barron who both also make their own product and call for higher doses. If I had cancer...well, I know some of these enzymes have been used for that as well.

• Thanks Heliose. I've been following Isabella's blog and website for some time too. Thanks for the advice on the others, I'll check them out as well. Best of health to you 😊

• Thank you. I just recalled the number one player in ruining gut health is broad spectrum antibiotics. My old time GP would also give us ladies a nystatin pill when prescribing antibiotics to prevent a yeast infection. Often you don't need an antibiotic anyway.

• I agree. I can't tell you how many times I was on broad spectrum antibiotics in , probably monthly through my teens, twenties and thirties. I had recurrent throat infections and cystitus/thrush for over 20 years. No one ever gave me the reason why. All throat infections stopped at the same time as I went gluten free!

• Interesting. Once you've had too many antiobotics, you often end up with thrush. I had that happen once and I gargled with nystatin and throat pain went away immediately. Now I would gargle with unfiltered vinegar.

• can you recommend product you use?

• I like Doctor's Best, winjy. I was impressed with their website and have used several supplements. If you can get the high potency type. They are moderately priced.

• thanks.

• I've heard your reasoning before and they are not totally valid. Since you won't listen to the video by a woman whose health was totally compromised by the Chernoble incident and lives to tell about it I'm sure my puny comments won't have any meaning either but keep in mind, Dr. Burzynski and Dr. Gonzales have used enzymes to cure cancer for many years. And have been attacked with your same arguments no doubt.

You may also like...