how much caffeine is ok whenyou take levothyroxine.also what was your starting levo dose after tt?

i read that cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables are not good so i dont eat those.I l also know almonds and walnuts are not good.Basically i quit eating those foods but i cannot stop drinking coffee.i have my cup of coffee two hours after i take levothyroxine.

Last edited by

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Joannagof,

As long as you take coffee 1 hour away from Levothyroxine you can drink as much coffee as you like. You don't have a thyroid gland so there is no need to avoid goitrogens and you should eat whatever you like.

I was very over replaced on 200mcg Levothyroxine to suppress TSH after thyroidectomy but after dose was reduced to 125mcg or 150mcg FT3 dropped below range.

• how do you know so much:) thanks i thought that those food i mentioned are blocking levothyroxine

• Joannagof,

Goitrogens may lower thyroid levels. That's irrelevant for those of us without a thyroid.

• Goitrogens work by impeding the uptake of iodine by the thyroid gland. If you haven't got a thyroid gland, they can't affect you.

The only exception to that is soy. Soy also works at a cellular level, impeding the uptake of thyroid hormones by the cells. So, that can affect your levo, in a way. But not the other goitrogens. :)

• than you

You may also like...