Comments on first blood test since changing from Levothroxine to Armour please

I have been posting for a while regards to my daughter . She has been prescribed Armour instead of Levo as she was obviously not doing well .These are her results after 3 months increasing to a dose of 60 in the morning and 45 in the evening .she feels and looks completely so much better but I'm a bit worried about the higher T3 or is that what Armourdoes ? She is seeing the Endo for a follow up app next week

TSH 0.22(0.27-4.2)

T4 17 (12-22)

T3 7.4. (3.1-6.8)

Previously on Levo her T4 was well over range and her T3 in upper s ..taking 100,

Thankyou Val

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Val-55, did your daughter take NDT before her blood test?

• Yes I asked her that ,

• Val-55, if she took NDT before the blood draw the T3 will be peaking in her serum and give a high FT3 reading. If she left 24 hours between last dose and blood draw she is over medicated.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Hello and thanks for your reply .. Yes she took her 60 dose in the morning and had a blood test 4 hours later as instructed .. Is the peak in t3 normal .. Are the Drs happy with it going over range ? ... The improvement in her is amazing !

• Val-55, doctors generally see FT3 over range as being overmedicated and will often want to reduce dose.

Your daughter's FT3 isn't much over so I don't think she is overmedicated.

• Hopefully endo will have same opinion . Thanks again for your advice . Regards Val

You may also like...