My doc has agreed to do one of the anti-body tests!!

My doc will love me, I have printed out a copy of why I need both tests done, including reverse T3, with the other tests. Going in a few mins to get this one blood test, why one and not the other, who knows how her mind works!!!

Here is the link of the print out, that I am am ever so kindly giving to her:-

hypothyroidmom.com/hashimot...

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Langdocienne, NHS relies on thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPOab) testing which is a shame as many members are TPOab negative but thyroglobulin antibody (TgAb) positive. I think TgAb testing is pretty much restricted to secondary care as it's used as a cancer marker post thyCa. As far as I'm aware NHS doesn't test rT3.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• HI Clutter, am getting the antithyroid peroxidase anti-body test done, and not the antithyroglobulin test done.

By my reading, seems that if it's under 20iu/ml even up to 40, it will be ok. Knowing me, it would be best to be under 20, will post the results when I get them.

I'll just keep nagging her!!

• Langdocienne, the TPOab ranges vary. <35 is commonly negative. In my area <100 is negative, and I have seen (once) <160 as negative.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Good! Apparently, 'they' say that the treatment is the same in any event, so what is the difference in testing/knowing; however, there are said to be strategies for dealing with Hashi's that can actually help. Hope you get something from this :-)

• Yep Linda I know, just it would be good to have a ye or a ne on Hashis, then I know that at least what I am eating etc, is right, and it is auto-immunity.

You may also like...