Ou my, this might be tmi for you

but i think its good news,I went to the toilet and there was black ink on my toilet paper after i wiped(so

sorry not a very feminine thing to say)but that means i am getting some good iron after starting some new tabs,only been on them for 2 days,go me lol going for blood test this week,get results next week ,will let you know how i get on,hopefully no more infusions and more energy and that means more real living. x

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • What did you decide to take in the end?

• A couple of the suggestions i had alreadty tried so i waned a mid range one this is the one i am trying and so far its not made me vomit which is good as many have done in the past.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004T7MKNU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

• I hope it continues to work well for you. Good luck. :)

• Be careful with iron.it is always a slow process with oral iron,it takes 3 months to raise levels significantly.also bear in mind black stools can indicate bleeding.

• TY,Ihave ibs and endo on the bowel so i know my bowels etc far too well lol it is the iron.

• I used solgar gentle iron, ( can buy on amazon). it worked well for me personally with no side effects really. Just a couple of days to get used to it. I took 1 a day for 3 months and got iron /ferritin levels from 0 to 22 and subsequently out of the anaemia range. We are all different in what works for us. I was 11 HGB and now 13.5 HGB. It is a slow process as that was 3 months. I could not take ferrous fumerate etc. Good luck.

• I couldn't access your 2nd post (about iodine supplementation). I trust you are aware that there are risks associated with high-dose iodine. I have been coaching a woman who was having severe problems with recurring episodes of hyperthyroid, and we discovered that the iodine solution she was applying to her skin, was the primary problem. Personally, I take a trace mineral supplement daily which contains only 200mcg iodine.

• I dont take any iodine, i decided against it,i do have some but after looking in to it further i chose not to,but thank you anyway. x

You may also like...