Parathyroid anyone?

I had a cyst aspirated three days ago on the left side of my thyroid .The endo I have seen twice said my thyroid was swollen,but I was the one who suggested a scan....scan showed a cyst,hence the aspiration.The large amount of fluid drained off was "inconclusive" and I had to have bloods done to check Parathyroids,plus some others e.g Vit D. I have been taking Nature Throid since July at 1 grain,and I have only managed to increase by 1/4 so far, my my skin problems break out on any higher dose. I felt so much better for the first two months on NDT, then started to feel rough again. I have read lots of advice on here about raising NDT,but my skin just breaks out in acne,and I am still having headaches,lots of aches and pains and tired in the morning. Grateful for any advice please.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • FR23, Parathyroid glands regulate calcium levels. If calcium levels are abnormal and vitamin D low, parathyroid hormone (PTH) is checked.

Your symptoms sound like low thyroid and possibly low vitamin D. If your thyroid levels are low and you aren't able to tolerate increasing NatureThroid, you might try another brand of NDT, or add Levothyroxine or T3 to NatureThroid.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thank you for replying Clutter.I will wait to get my blood results and take it from there.

You may also like...