Throbbing pain in Shoulders

I have been diagnosed as Hypothyroid since last year and I am on an alternating dose of 100/75mg of Levothyroxine. I have been getting a throbbing pain in my Left shoulder and I get pain in my Left wrist and if I try and turn my wrist I get the pain and it feels weak, does anyone get this? Is it Linked to Thyroid or could it be the beggining of Carpal Tunnel?.

6 Replies

• James, carpal tunnel syndrome is a common hypothyroid symptom and usually resolves when optimally medicated. Post your recent thyroid blood results with the lab ref ranges and members will advise.

• both frozen shoulders and carpal tunnel are heavily linked to underactive /poorly treated hypothyroid

• And maybe impingement syndrome,cortisol injections to both shoulders on Friday.

• Watch cortisone injections they just hide underlying damage being caused

its correct thyroid meds thats needed

often thats NDT rather than levothyroxine

• I suspect so,but endo wants to do ever more tests ,took blood yesterday, before trying NDT. Not expecting a permanent solution.

Had injections before for golfers elbow( not that I played) only worked for a short while .

• While this could be hypo. it may be a mechanical/emotional problem. Have you thought about an alternative therapy such as fascial release or positional release?

You may also like...