Air Hunger Back Thyroid or Adrenals?

I experienced air hunger when I was first put on to a low dose of Thyroxine and this stopped when dose was increased. I switched to NDT a few months ago and have been gradually increasing dose and have been on 2 grains for a few weeks.

The last few days my air hunger is back and wonder if I need to increase NDT again (no hyper symptoms and temp has never yet reached 37)

5 Replies

• My temp has never came back to normal, sometimes it doesn't although it has raised from 34 degrees but I feel fine.

Re your 'air hunger'. I would drop down by 1/4 dose for a few days to see if that helps as sometimes it's difficult to know whether you're taking a bit too much or need a small increase and the fact that you didn't have air hunger when first starting NDT.

• oh right I didn't realise it could be too much thyroid.

I'm close to 37 now and feel normally warm - I wear the same number of clothes as everyone else!

• Sometimes it's hard to decide if it is too much or too little as sometimes the symptoms are also similar. Nothings easy.

• Yep, not easy, no wonder the medical profession hand it back to us haha!

• :) At least some of us have found a way through the maze and hope you do as well.

You may also like...