Thanks everyone for your continued support but I have another dilemma.
As I said in a previous post, I`ve been on 75 mcg Levothyroxine for almost three weeks, after 1st 25mcg and then 50mcg. I believe there`s been some improvement but I`m still extremely bone weary tired with joint and muscle pains. Actually I`m pleased to say these are the only symptoms of hypothyroid after RAI just over 2 months ago. Mind I have put a bit of weight on, even though I`ve not much of an appetite, but I`m not concerned about that just yet as during the onslaught of Graves I ended up like a stick insect
I phoned my thyroid nurse to ask if I could raise my thyroxine early- she was on holiday and didn`t get back to me. When she did, I`d already spoken to a duty GP who said yes, raise the dose to 100 mcg. So the first morning I took the 100 mcg. The nurse had by now got my message, had asked an endo and they`d prefer I wait but are happy for me to have my blood taken earlier in another week`s time, and then we`ll go from there.
My body seems as though it`s crying out for an increase but I listened to the endo and went back to my 75 mcg dose this morning.
My husband has suggested I take 75/100 alternate days but I`m not sure it`s wise to go against the endo?
The increase dose will not be on my records but I can explain the mix up which happened waiting for the nurse to return my call.
What would you lovely people suggest?.....I can`t see the wood for the trees at the moment.
Sorry to be such a flippin nuisance
ps to shaws- many thanks I managed to email Louise and now have the Pulse article.