Anyone recommend a North west endo?

Hi. I've suffered with Hypo symptoms for many years and have shown 'borderline' results but always with range. Symptoms have got worse so doc requested Thyroid antibodies (TPO, TPO2).

Surgery just phoned to say thyroid results are normal but the antibodies test is 'abnormal'. GP is phoning me this afternoon to discuss.

I'd like to be referred to an Endo but am aware that their attitude to Hypothyroid differs greatly. If anyone can recommend someone I'd be extremely grateful.

Replies to Ivyfoy via Private Messages please in line with posting guideline #24, thank you, Clutter.

Last edited by

5 Replies

• Ivyfoy, email for a list of recommended endos.

If you post your thyroid results with the lab ref ranges (the figures in brackets after your result) members will comment/advise.

• Hi. Thanks so much. I'll contact her now.

I don't have my latest results yet but I'll post later. By the way, why do you ask for the range? Isn't the range the same the same wherever and why would it matter if you have the result?

Many thanks.

• Ivyfoy, ranges vary from area to area across the UK and the world eg FT4 18 might be top of the range in some areas and very low in others. Seeing the range helps members to tailor their advice when responding.

• Latest results:

TSH. 2.75 (0.2-5)

T4. 12.1 (20-26)

Thyroid Peroxidase. 500 (0-59)

So I am being referred to an Endocrinologist. I tick the box with virtually all hypo symptoms and I'm feeling really low.

I wonder whether they will not bother to prescribe seeing as my TSH/T4 is normal?

Anyone experienced anything similar?

• PS. Thanks for replies :-)

You may also like...