I started on 50 mcg of levothyroxine last October but by February was increased to 100 mcg due to persistent symptoms. In March my TSH was 0.04, T4 30.2pmol/L and T3 7.7 pmol/L. I dropped down to 75mcg of levo but after 2 weeks felt so awful, I decided to come down to 50mcg and stick with that dose. After about a week I started to feel much better and felt fantastic up until 3 weeks ago. All the tell tale symptoms of hypothyroid came back and my test results now show my TSH 6.9, T4 12.9 and T3 5.1. I am now back up to 75mcg but there is absolutely no sign of improvement and I feel worse than ever. Every morning I wake up praying for an improvement but there is no sign. Am I being too impatient and need to wait longer? I seem to have responded to treatment much quicker in the past. My G.P says to go and have another test in 6 weeks but that seems like an eternity away. Your thoughts are very much appreciated x
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.