T4 53 and under range - is this significant please?

Sorry, originally did as a post - had a private test as suspect may be hypo and TSH was on the high side. I am symptomatic with Fibro and CFS diagnosis. Someone has suggested an endo. What exactly do these results show please?

TSH 3.33 (0.27-4.2)

T4. 53 ( 59-154)

FreeT 10.3 (12-22)

T3. 4.6 (3.1-6.8)

Thanks x

Last edited by

9 Replies

• My TSH was 3.3 when first tested, although my free T4 was higher than yours, and I felt utterly dreadful, so I would be highly suspicious that you are hypo, rather than fibro/CFS.

• I take it your GP wasn't interested when you told him/her the results? X

• Nope!! And endo has been worse! Started self medicating last weekend, feeling much better.

• That's good to know, I'm considering not even mentioning it to my GP and going straight to self medicating because of the headache it will cause!

• If you feel you want to, I can completely recommend Dr Peatfield's book. It really takes you through the whole protocol. X

• Thanks, that's great. How do you know where to buy legit levo from? X

• If you're going to DIY I would go straight to NDT, rather than Levo. But you can get it. Drop me a PM if you want more info. X

• I agree with HarryE. I have a TSH of 3.5 and FT4 of 11 and I feel awful. I was diagnosed with CFS 10 years ago, but since finding this site im sure I am hypo and am currently pushing for a diagnosis.

• This could be secondary (central) hypothyroidism. The anwers via this link may help;

This condition is so often missed and appropriate testing not given so be sure to ask your endo to consider this diagnosis - Maddie

You may also like...