I'm wanting to know the same thing. I had my FNA & scan in December. When I saw consultant on 1st Feb (delayed due to jr. dr. strike) he said results were "indeterminate but suspicious" - he has put me on the wait list for a full thyroidectomy given that my mom had thyroid cancer and said it would be max 5-6 weeks. It was scheduled for 21st April but brought forward to this Wednesday but has had to be postponed (YET AGAIN DUE TO STRIKE!!) so has been put back again to 21st April.
What I can't understand is that if the results are inconclusive why are they going straight for full removal? Surely if they aren't sure they should repeat the test? Do they want to remove it because they are more confident that it is malignant? If so, why aren't they operating as an emergency?
As I can't get any joy with answers I have wondered whether it's going to be best to have the tests privately and then give the results to the consultant?
Would this be best? How much and where will be best? I live in Birmingham but can travel.