Seroquel has stopped IBS and cramping! - IBS Network

IBS Network
29,874 members10,323 posts

Seroquel has stopped IBS and cramping!

Eliana5
Eliana5

My therapist put me on Seroquel for insomnia, (was only getting three hours of sleep last night..for the past two years). Not only has it made me calmer, and happier, it has completely stopped by stomach cramping and IBS. It has been years since I was able to eat anything heavier than child size portion meals and lost so much weight..but this med has completely stopped IBS, cramping when I wake up, and after meals. I no longer have to take Levsin or Bentyl four times a day. I no longer have intestinal spasming or the feeling of "incomplete" movements and don't strain like I used to. I am hoping I can finally stop laxatives. (Senna..once a week). This med is a miracle pill..

7 Replies
oldestnewest

You do know that it is an anti psychotic drug, Quetiapine, a major tranquilliser? Hey if it helps you I don't suppose it really matters, hope it continues to work for you.

SG

Eliana5
Eliana5
in reply to soregut

Yes, I know it's an Antipsychotic. I have BPD..it is the right med for me.

Wow what a fantastic response to a drug, lucky you. I'm still looking and hoping.

Eliana5
Eliana5
in reply to 301246

Don't know about it now..constipation is the worst. Already constipated again after just taking a laxative on Sunday. Tired of laxatives..😳

I think so often people forget the link of the stomach to brain! Wonderful news! Congrats.

Eliana5
Eliana5
in reply to tango49

Thank you..🌷☺

Eliana5
Eliana5
in reply to tango49

Ugh..the constipation is the worst though. Took Senna Sunday..had a hoagie and fries last night..woke up constipated again..I don't know what to take for this problem anymore. Nothing works. 😳 Thanks for listening..

You may also like...