IBS Network
21,496 members7,307 posts

IBS-friendly, low FODMAP breads

Can anyone recommend any IBS-friendly, low FODMAP bread that is generally available in UK supermarkets? Most breads that I see on the shelves are high fibre or have concentrated fruit juice (normally apple-based) in the ingredients.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm not on the FODMAP diet but I just eat Tesco baked in-store farmhouse white bread

1 like

Hi, I saw your post and had a look on the internet for the bread you are after and I came across one called Ezekiel which is ok for IBS sufferers to eat. I believe you can buy it in Tesco or Asda, but it would be best to give them a call before you go.

You could try a SPELT flour loaf. I find this helps, so hope it helps you too.

All the best

Angus

I defnitely steer clear of brown/wholemeal breads.

Sourdough mostly seems to be OK for me, but the more authentic the better, because supermarket sourdough is often regular bread with a little sourdough added.

1 like

hi ive discovered Spelt flour bread and wheat and gluten free too. Spelt bread comes only as a cob but other is sliced. it has helped me lots.

Thanks for the responses. I've managed to track down some authentic white sourdough bread, so I'm giving that a go at the moment. As val_s implies, authentic sourdough is supposed to be low FODMAP due to the baking process involved (despite the fact that it's based on wheat).

You may also like...