anyone got issues with eggs and IBS?

Hi. I am just wondering if anyone's got issues with eggs and IBS? I am on IBS network Facebook page and apparently people do have issues with eggs/egg yolk? An omelette, then after I had scrambled eggs on toast both sent me straight to toilet recently. My Dr said eggs shouldn't but seems to be divided opinion on with IBS suffers suggesting eggs are a no no. Opinions please?

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi there! Yeah I have had that before actually! Do you eat lots of eggs or on daily basis? I used to get it cos I ate them all the time.I find now I can eat them now and again but I'd never eat plain scrambled eggs or plain omelette now I always have them with some meat or something in them and that seems help alot.Another tip is to not use anything very oily to cook them. I now use that spray on olive oil and am ok with that but when I used vegetable or sunflower oil I felt very ill I found out it could have been the oil that was making me feel sickly,also bread cna make me feel bloated also. I would maybe try a boiled egg in salad with tuna or something similar and see if you can be ok with that.

• Thank you for that opinion and suggestion, will give that a go

• I have found normal eggs really play havoc, free range used to be ok but started to bother me as well, so far organic eggs are the only way I can enjoy them without any problems.

• Very common for IBS sufferers to not react well to eggs.. sadly.. as I used to love them..

• I too have recently started having problems with eggs. Used to have poached eggs most days now if I eat them I am doubled up within minutes followed by an hour on toilet !

• Have odd egg boiled to counteract loose BM

tolerate scrambled

Have probs with oil from veg,oil seed rape,palm

Only use oil or little butter

• I can tolerate eggs cooked anyway but hard boiled

• I love eggs but can't tolerate them at all - even a small amount in cakes etc sends me running

• I haven't been able to eat eggs for years without running to the toilet soon after. I have also found that my doctor and even the nutritionist I was sent to, didn't know squat about IBS.

• Eggs are one of the few things that cause no issues at all for me.

• Probably not a helpful comment but I have IBS-D and find that egg is one of my safest foods (eg an omelette before I travel to London for an hour and a half in the car means that I don't have to take an imodium before I go).

You may also like...