I was hospitalized back in January for infectious colitis...since then I have been diagnosed with Post Infectious IBS...course of xifaxin...then diagnosed with cdiff and finished a 10 day course of antibiotics...3 years ago I was diagnosed with my whole gut has slowed down...I'm a gluten free and dairy free diet, taking a probiotic and omeprazole every day...and through all of this I have had this constant pain in my abdomen on the left side...nothing I do makes it better and it radiates with severity...the evenings are the worst...does anyone experience this? I feel like I'm going crazy!

5 Replies

• Try yoga breathing hot water bottle and cognac/whiskey hot water plus a little sugar as nightcap.Might be wind pressure so walk around a bit Gripe water if you are off alc

• Aww really sorry to hear that.hope you can get it sorted gun x

• I am same way bur mornings are worse for me.

• Oh my. This pain in left side sounds familiar. I have it most if the time too. Plus huge bloating on that side. I assumed it was severe wind in my colon. I am chronically constipated and no one offers any help or advice medically. I feel like we are just written off. Warmth helps me and a drop of brandy in hot Water. Knocks me out at least 😥.

What is gastroparesis? I often think my bowel just doesn't work any more and wondered if that could be the medical name for it?!!

Hugs and empathy to you. Xxx

• I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I suffer with something similar and find stretching my abdominal and hip muscles helpful (if I can move, because it's usually accompanied by anal cramping), and a hot water bottle on my back, obliques and stomach.

Just a point on interest and not to gross anyone out, but they are in the early stages of considering approval of faecal transplants on the NHS - no, your not reading it wrong! It started out as experiential treatment on patients who suffered with re-occurring Cdiff in America, and the results were quite positive. They have been conducting research in the UK for the past 5 years or so, and have found that a large proportion of their test participants have benefitted from faecal transplants (the faeces is 'health' tested prior to being inseminated - the treatment process was rather rudimentary when I was looking at the original studies and involved inserting an enema, haven't seen anything about how/if they have improved this since the original experiments took place).

You may also like...