Strength & Flex
5,259 members503 posts

What a difference the sun makes

Went out yesterday for the first time since early January to do S&F. It was so great to be doing it outside again and for just a few minutes the sun peeked out. I went to my usual place - a small park near me and it was only me, a mother and toddler in the the play area, and someone who looked as tho' they were doing week 1 of Couch to 5k. It brought back memories, this is where I started out doing Couch to 5k, of how hard that first week was. So it felt good that all around me were people exercising in some way.

I noticed the bench dips seemed a bit tougher due to lack of exercise I suppose. So thats made me more determined to keep at it. Also I cant do the advanced version yet so I've got that to aim for.

For those who are unsure about trying it outside, give it a go - it's good to move around in a way you cant at home and the pull-ups using railings are fun!

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Jenniej,

Good going! Let's hope the sun stays out!

Are you doing level 5? If you are, have you downloaded the no intro version?

Hi,

yes I'm doing level 5 with the no intro version.

I'm determined to keep going as I think the program helps my running as well as the fact I like being outside exercising. Tho' its a very different exercise to running, I get the same buzz an hour or so after doing. Guess I'm addicted to exercise now...

It's a healthy addiction!

You may also like...