Are these symptoms linked to localised scleroderma?

Hey guys,

Just wanted to reach out and say hello. I was diagnosed with localised scleroderma about 5 years ago after a punch biopsy, with morphea and linear patches on my trunk.

I was just wondering if you could give me some insight on the following symptoms, and whether they might be linked to the condition...

- For years now, I've suffered regular non-specific urethritis (a painful burning with urination), and after regular negative STD checks, I can't help but feel the inflammation may be related to the scleroderma?

- I've recently started getting intermittent swollen eyes - a little like an allergic reaction, where my eyelids get really puffy.

- I've also recently started experiencing an intermittent rash on both forearms, hands and my trunk. Little red spots that look like a like a heat rash.

Has anybody experienced similar symptoms?

Thanks in advance,

Joel

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I haven't got little red spots ..my spots are white patches on both arms and I do have red spot on tip of my nose which I find annoying .....not raised just under the skin and some on my fingers too. I also have feelings of uti's but not actual infection just the sensation of same. I have systemic sclerosis so am assuming all these things are connected to this main disease.

• Thanks for your reply :) I suppose the the spots I have are white in the middle with a red ring around them. They come and go quite quickly though, and I'm not sure what triggers them...

• mine are white and more noticeable in the shower...but are there all the time.....could be fluctuations in your temperature that may be causing yours if they come and go quickly. x

• I actually think you may be onto something there - will start keeping track of when they come and go...thanks!

You may also like...