First HA

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself after joining the site today. I'm Martyn, 43 from Lancashire.

I suffered my first HA five days ago and was released from hospital yesterday following a successful angioplasty procedure which involved having 3 stents fitted. I am due to have a further angioplasty later in the year to deal with a slight narrowing in another part of my heart. I cannot praise the teams in the Coronary Care Unit at Royal Blackburn Hospital enough for all the care and support they gave me. Truly amazing.

It's very early days but I am already feeling quite good. There is some great advice here on dietary recommendations, exercise and positive thinking. All of which I intend to embrace with vehement determination.

Hope to connect and share experiences with some of you.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Its not your first heart attack, its your last. Refuse the additional stent and change your lifestyle and your arteries. Your arteries had closed because of the food you have been eating. Change the diet and reverse the closures

• How do you know when you are having a heart attack ?

• soory ieat a very health diet,exercise daily.some peoplke just have genetic problems like myself,,ive had 10 heart attacks,2 triple bypasses,10 pace makers,5 stents and still my lipd functions are wrong..even with medication

• Hi Martyn welcome to the club! Glad ur feeling well and your positive attitude helps. This site is brilliant I have usd it in the middle of the night when having a wobble it's good to share. My advice is go through cardiac rehab it really helps meeting others in our situation x

• Good luck in your recovery

• my advice would be to ignor angela MARKL60 ( the germans do ) and most importantly is to take your family with you, keep them informed and where posible get them involved. Cardio rehab is also a good shout but just remember it is still early days.

• Good luck.

• you where very lucky,im in lanashire and wigan and manchester hosdpitals have not been very good with me after 10 heart attacks,2 triple bypasses/5 stents and i started at 23yrs old

You may also like...