As mentioned previously on this forum, I am looking to create an advice booklet for families, friends, employers of those living with RLS. Not sure yet if employers will be a completely separate one - will have to see how much content I have etc.
The brief booklet will be available to RLS-UK members.
If you are happy to, I would appreciate if you could jot down a line on what you would want your family, friends, or employer to understand about RLS. For example, for my part...
- I would want my family to understand why I am tired all the time.
- I want my employer to know that if I call in to work and say I have been up all night and cannot come into work that I'm not taking a 'sickie' (have only had to do this twice thankfully).
- I would want my family to understand that it's not funny, that it's painful and there are times when I have beaten my legs so hard that I bruised myself.
Things that would make my life alot easier and I ask you to do:
1) Please respond by filling in one of the Comment boxes below.
2) Please only provide ONE COMMENT per reply so we can build up a thread as I have done below.
3) Please start your comment with the word Friend:, Family: or Employer:, again as per my example below.
4) Please can we minimise discussion within this particular blog as it will make the extraction of your thoughts much easier.
5) If you share a particular sentiment and agree with a comment please hit the 'Reply to this' button and say 'me too'. This will help indicate what are the most common thoughts.
6) Please try to keep your sentences short and to the point. This point is particularly important!!!!
Hope this all makes sense.
Thank you to anyone who helps.
Daragh, Chair RLS-UK