Thank you RLS-UK

Just thought I'd write a quick post to say how grateful I am for this forum and the RLS UK charity! I came across the website completely accidently on a Google search last year when I was 16 and suffered severe RLS my whole life without knowing that it was a genuine condition. I was at such a low point in my life where I was frustrated and completely sleep deprived and thought that it was my own fault. Since then I have realised that what I was going through was not normal, was not my fault and it was not something I had to put up with and I was certainly not alone! Since then I had seen doctors and neurologists all over the country and yesterday I was finally diagnosed with RLS and prescribed benzodiazepines. I know that this is definitely not the end and it will probably be a long battle trying to find a drug, if any, that will work for me but its a start! If it wasn't for the great info posted online I would still be feeling completely hopeless, crazy and alone and I'm so grateful that I am no longer :)

5 Replies

• Thank you so much for this lovely feedback. I will ensure all of the RLS-UK volunteers are made aware of your very kind comments.

Daragh, Chair RLS-UK

• Hi Leighcath, you made me very happy today to read your message. I am one of the volunteers that can be counted on one hand. I am so pleased to hear that on doing a google search you found the RLS-UK website and were able to get help. The website has recently been revamped and a forum is starting up on there as well.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post. It really is appreciated, more than you will ever know. :-D

• I'm so glad to hear that! If you are ever short of volunteers or need an extra help for something, even the smallest things, I would be more than happy to be on board😊

• Thank you leighcath, that is so good to hear.

• Hi Leighcath, I often wonder how you are getting on, as being so young and having to cope with this awful RLS. You are an inspiration for all of us. I sincerely hope that you can follow your dreams through life without any great interruption from the RLS.

All of Gods blessings to you and enjoy life to the full. Jimeka x

You may also like...