Restless Legs Syndrome

Metformin and RLS

I have just started taking metformin 2 days ago. I also take meds for my restless legs. Since I started taking metformin my rls is worse and I have not slept for two days. Today I could not sit in a chair for a long period of time due to the RLS. Tomorrow I am calling my dr. to get me off it and try something else. I will be walking around like a zombie!!!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi, lorri214, go look at my answer in our facebook group. ;) Was dealing with this a couple of weeks ago on a forum, and every diabetes forum has a thread for RLS, and many, many diabetics complain that they feel that the metformin DOES bother their RLS. More details in the other group, so I don't have to type it over again. ;) Donna/USA

Can you please just copy and paste it on here. I need to see the information again. Or can you give me a direct link to a non-facebook site? I can't have a facebook because of my work. They don't allow us to use social media. Thank you Nightdancer.

how do I find it in facebook??

DO try massive dosages of VITAMIN D cant hurt and may HELP

I will assume that you started taking metformin for diabetes? Can you please keep

me updated on what you are going to replace metformin with. Thanks for the info

lorf

My dr. took me off metformin for a week. Then back on it 1/2 tablet at night with dinner for a week. The next week 1/2 tablet in the am and 1/2 in the evening. Will keep you posted next week

You may also like...