Natural Killer Cells

Natural Killer Cells

Natural Killer cell deficiency is a consistent finding in ME/CFS patients, in fact some researchers argue that NK (Natural Killer) cell measurement may be a diagnostic aid.

NK cells act as an immune surveillance against invading pathogens.  NK cell cytotoxicity (NKCC) has been reported to be decreased in patients with ME/CFS.

Identifying immunological mutations and correlating  them with disease progression, symptom severity is an area receiving intense scrutiny.

6 Replies

•  Particularly vulnerable to opportunistic infections when previously little troubled by ill health that I was far too busy with all the demands of a very active lifestyle.

• For your own safety anyone with CFS can never give blood as long as they live something breaks immune system after awhile.

• Immune system signatures are robust evidence of the biological clinical signs.

• That was me hyper system beginning then burned out. 

• B cell depletion used in the Rituximab trial and strong evidence for mutations of NK cell cytotoxicity indicate a spectrum of immune defects. An autoimmune disease that will require a broad spectrum of tests  as time spent affected and severity of reactions, influence expected outcomes.

I have heard the analogy that researchers are looking at a battlefield the immune system has fought upon and are attempting a forensic reconstruction of events using evidence and educated guesswork.

• Some idea we are sick before getting very sick please.

You may also like...