Prostate Cancer Network
1,404 members β€’ 644 posts

3rd PSA test after surgery (9 months)

I have just received the results of my 3rd test after surgery. 9 months after surgery and I got 0.01. This is the lowest level the lab can read.

So I guess I should celebrate tonight :-)

PS - I wish you all Happy New Year

16 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Wish you all the good for 2019!

1 like

Thanks πŸ™ wish you the same.

Any tips on lifestyle and diet that you think may have helped you ?

Congratulations and Happy New Year

1 like

Hi

I continued with the same lifestyle and diet as before the diagnosis. I didn’t change anything in that respect. Maybe I have a bit more careful with the wine as it affects my continence if I drink a bit more depending where I am.

All the best to you in 2019.

2 likes

After I had recovered from my surgery, my wife and I joined the local Y and started a regular exercise program. I also embarked on intermittent fasting to lose 30 lbs. I have since become a pescatarian along with eggs and other dairy products. It is much easier on my gut and colon.

1 like

I have not changed my lifestyle either, surgery June 2017, all PSA tests undetectable after that.

1 like

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 like

Thanks Bill, wish you are good and a great healthy 2019 to you.

1 like

Same. Happy new year, Paulo.

1 like

Yes, a PSA of 0.01 or less is very good news. Getting that low is a good sign for the future.

1 like

David, I wished I could follow your low PSA trend .

All the best for you in 2019.

Hey Paulo, That is great news. I wish you all the best!

1 like

Thanks Dreamweaverman, I wish you the same and a great 2019. How is the treatment by the way?

I consider the twice yearly PSA results as Christmas presents each and everytime. Labcorp results are expressed as "nondetectable". I love that word!

1 like

Indeed. It sounds very good.

The 2 previous tests were < 0,04 but I needed to get this more sensitive test to be more at ease with my mind.

Have a great year and good health.

Congratulations. Wow!

You may also like...