In September of last year I tried to reduce from 2/1/2 mg to 2 mg without success. Back to 21/2 and stability returned. As we were gong to NZ for the winter I decided not to rock the boat and stay on 21/2 until we returned and settled in.
Best laid plans! We returned home on 1st April and on the 3rd of April I went down with acute bronchitis most probably caught on the plane home. I’m not one to complain but I was really ill and although the antibiotics did their job I haven’t really been well since.
I didn’t have any real pmg symptoms initially. A blood test on the 3rd May, prior to visit to rheumatologist showed increased inflammation. As I wasn’t really aching at this point he still said to try and reduce to 2 mg. I ignored him! Still not well and now starting to ache I saw my GP and had a blood test last Monday. Inflammation increased. Now beginning to feel very tired and irascible (!). Saw my GP yesterday and yes we reckon that I am having a flare. He said stupid of rheumatologist to have told me to reduce. I said, perhaps I shouldn’t have said, that I got the impression that the rheumatologist was sitting in his office waiting for retirement! He smiled. GP much better than rheumy.
So he has advised me to go back to 5 mg, which I have done this morning, a blood test in 2 weeks and another in 4 weeks then another rdv with him.
So my question is should the 5 mg be enough? If my levels and symptoms go down can I go back to 21/2 or do I reduce slowly again.