Me again. 3 weeks in since start of tx. Long before, PMR showed up, I had planned vacation for 2 weeks starting January 6th. I have been feeling wimpy lately and couldn't decide whether to go ahead with vacation or not. My fears are that I would get no pleasure out of that time off: It doesn't take much to feel exhausted by end of the afternoon on any given day and it is early on,what if something happens while I'm away? I have been with the same employer for more than a decade so presumably this isn't a pre-existing condition and could go anytime? I will have to check.
I know that I haven't got it in me to do a road trip right now. We could fly somewhere 'beachy' but on days when I am dragging myself around more, I don't know if the beach would make up for that. I like being in my home/comfort zone when not feeling well.
Yet, many of you travel far and wide. Sandy1947 even laid out her travel strategies which makes it clear its not all black and white or go/no go. Compromises can be made and fun had.
So with that in mind, I will reschedule my vacation (can't go as originally planned because I see a rhumatologist and my gp again). Any thoughts? I need to take my vacation weeks before May. Do I wait for most/all of my symptoms to subside? Do I go once I have titrated down from 15mg/day? Any other considerations? OR do I just go anytime and make the best of it.
Am I overly complicating this?