So here's a conundrum about considering my reductions with a holiday in mind. So, in 13 weeks I've got to 20mg. My last drop of 2.5mg was 2 days ago, so I still have withdrawal to come on day 3/4 and symptom wise I now leave at least two weeks before I even think about relaxing. I intend to make make my next drop a 2mg step but I'm feeling that I'm getting low for GCA now so am warier regarding rates. I think I'm 'supposed' to be on 10mg by now according my Rheum Reg!
Anyway, in 8 weeks' time I'm supposed to be off to Rome and the Western Med on a cruise. I feel very fortunate but know the travel at each end is going to be very stressful. Without doing any maths or projections, what dose would you suggest not going below generally speaking? I know I won't be at the crunch point for challenging function properly but I'll definitely be challenged physically and am trying to be realistic about what I'll manage on this holiday. I hoping that my increasing tendency to motion sickness that has been cured by Pred will stay away. It has been miraculous! Whether it was GCA related I don't know, but even being driven a few miles made me feel odd in the end.
My other question is timing of dose. Currently I take enteric coated Pred at 6pm, wait until 8pm to eat (that fits nicely for hols). I go to bed at 10-11pm when I start to feel groggy with it. Now, if I am on a lower dose and I'm having relatively stressful days, could my steroid dose be getting too low by day to carry me through? Is it worth changing my timing to morning and try to put up with the grog by day which hopefully won't be as bad any more? I am assuming I will have to make the switch at some point anyway, just for daily life when my dose gets lower. I think the enteric coated blood level is more spread because on the occasions I took the ordinary Pred I felt it 'running out' by the end of the dose day but with enteric coated I don't .
Any opinions for the melting pot gratefully received.