So my usually fit, healthy and sprightly Grandma was recently diagnosed with PMR. She has always had trouble with her back/neck, but usually only lasting a week or so. I believe she is on Prednisone (She lives in the Channel Islands and I'm in UK so not 100% sure which drug exactly she is taking), but it doesn't seem to have much effect and she sounds really down/poorly and just not herself when I call. I'm quite worried as I feel her independence has been taken from her as she no longer drives and can barely walk round her house let alone to the shops or to friends/family's houses.
I've been researching alternative and natural remedies for her and have come across a few and just wanted some opinions on how others found these worked. Also if anyone has had other treatments and found them to be successful I'd be very interested as anything is worth a shot!
- Reducing sugar intake (she has already done this due to other minor medical issues, but Grandma's do always have cake )
- Supplementing Tumeric/Root Ginger (heard of ginger tea and milk with tumeric and ginger?)
- Acupuncture/Yoga exercises
- Lemon & Baking soda with water
- An electromagnetic machine of some kind?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help if you can, I'm willing to try anything to give my Grandma her quality of life back