I'm new here

Hi I'm new to this site. After being in severe pain mainly from back passage and perineum and had mri/ct scans and a pelvic floor repair due to rectocele and cystocele I still have the pain every doctor I have seen says something different now I have been referred to dr Telford at wythenshawe hospital has anybody else seen her one doctor says thrombosed hemorrhoids? Another says proctalgia and another says ibs? It's driving me crazy I'm taking nortriptyline at the moment 

3 Replies

  • So sorry for your suffering and lack of information! Hope you can reach someone in your area who knows the best providers. Nortriptyline can be helpful for pain, anxiety, and insomnia. But it also can cause constipation, so plan ahead. This won't cure anything, but 5 slow deep breaths won't hurt. Keep us posted.

  • I'm not sure what sort of doctor you are going to see, but ask about pudendal neuralgia, if you haven't already. Do you have pain when sitting? Google the Nantes criteria to see if it fits or not. If you've only had the pain since the surgery it could be nerve damage. Although IBS and haemorrhoids can be very painful too. Good luck with your appointment. 

  • You can develop Pudendal Neuralgia / Pudendal Nerve Entrapment following surgery. You can google these to compare your symptoms. Also google complications following surgery for repair rectocele and cystocele. Also look at investigations and treatment. I hope this helps. It is also a good idea to make a note of your symptoms for when you see Doctor Telford. All the best.

You may also like...