PBC Foundation
6,625 members5,745 posts

Flu

Hope everyone is escaping this deadly flu. Both major hospitals in my city have been forced to close their ER because they are overloaded with it. They are sending people to our other large hospital, UT Health Northeast. It is also a very large hospital that does a lot of cancer research. This is scary. I am religious about hand washing & use Ayr nasal spray to try & flush any germs from my nose.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

I had the flu vacine so hope for the best

1 like

So did I & millions of others. This vaccine is about 10% effective according to health officials but better than none 😊

1 like

Hi gwillistexas

Like you I am very careful to keep hands washed but I also am paranoid about touching anything that someone else may have touched so I either have my gloves on or pull my arm up my sleeve so that the cloth from the sleeve touches any handles or escallator band. I once had an eye problem and went to A&E were I was told that I had probably walked through someone's sneeze cloud - ugh! that totally grossed me out. It took about a month for my eyes to return to normal with the help of some lovely eye ointment. Now though being retired I can be more choosy about going out and mixing with people.

stay well, best wishes

1 like

Thank you. Honey you don’t know paranoia till you meet me, lol!!! I’m so glad I work in a one girl office. You stay well too❤️

1 like

Take vitamin C and Zinc!!

1 like

I’m on plenty vit c. 😊

You may also like...