Hi all. I have been pushed to my limit this morning with ignorant Dr"s... In Sept my Dr agreed ' reluctantly " to a trial ' loading B12Injections... 6 in 2 weeks.. .. reluctant because she said bloods were " normal ".. Regardless that since 2007 my bloods showed Larger Abnormal Red Blood Cells.. Which is classic of B12.... She said that two of her Endo friends said, this didn't prove I had B12, Pernicious Anemia or Hashimotosis!!!... Anyway because I said I felt so relieved of ' livid ' syptoms: ie: pins & needles, joint/muscle pain, ... I could actually start to remember things and concentrate and have conversations with people. Nurse said she would book me in for 3 months time for follow up injection. Within days Dr had requested more bloods. They came back with slightly raised TSH... Because I felt better for : loading dose: she agreed I could have the 3 monthly one in Dec!!... I didn't feel 100% but I felt better than I did. But about 3 weeks ago I started to deteriate again. In the mean time I wanted my Thyroid checked again, due to ankles retaining fluid, knee joints are swollen and agony, muscle pain, bloated tummy.. to many to mention. Dr said T3 and one of the anti- bodies couldn't be done on NHS... So I said I would pay Privately to get the tests I needed. She asked how I felt. I said I am starting to feel really ill again, going through all my symptoms. I said I felt I needed another B12 Injection before Dec. She didn't even acknowledge me, just skirted around it. ... To try and cut this story. Over the weekend I could not get out of bed. No energy, horrendous muscle/joint pain, headache, Nausea, lower back pain, muscle weakness. So I rang Dr for a telephone chat with her. Receptionist said I had to go in to her, but she wasn't free, but she was mentoring a " trainee " Dr.... So went to this " trainee " this Morning, explained everything to her because she doesn't know me!! Then said I research a lot on line and i would like another B12 Injection because of returning symptoms. That I believe my injections should have continued until I felt practically 100% better, not make me wait for 3 months. ... She told me she didn't think I needed them!!! HELLO...My body is screaming out it needs it... I pointed out I have had x-days, MRI, Rheumatalogist ruled out arthritis and Fybremaralgia,... I said am fed Up with having to fight for help/treatment. She said she would speak to my Dr, and left me for 10 mins in an office. She came back and said ... Dr ###$ agrees with me that you have to wait until Dec for the next one, and we believe it is your Fybremaralgia.. WHAT Fybremaralgia?? I haven't got that, so she looked up on the screen and said possible Fybremaralgia.. . I am ashamed now, but I lost it.. I was so frustrated and angry. ... I told her, all I am asking us to feel better with a further top up of B12 and you are denying me this. I said how can you sit there and tell me I cannot have something which I have proved I benefit from. I just need more frequently than you are stating. She wouldn't answer me..I said you wonder why people self medicate, I walked out. Cried my eyes out in the car. Now face another 6 weeks of being ill. Before next B12. If they let me have it.
Sorry but I feel so frustrated, tired and angry..I believe I will have to resort to self administering and purchasing B12