FEELING SLIGHTLY BETTER BUT NOT HOLDING MY BREATH

FEELING SLIGHTLY BETTER BUT NOT HOLDING MY BREATH

My MRI this aft ,but think it will just confirm the degeneration of the spine . But following summat that Clivealive said, have upped the folate to everyday ,cos I was a bit apprehensive about taking it. But pregnant women take it ,and I know my b12 levels should be higher at this point, so thus is day 4 on 2 sublinguals and 400 folate, taken with orange juice for the vitamin c and I feel a bit better .

Not holding my breath, cos know these things can give you a real boost to start with and then level off. But a few days of feeling a bit better, is great after the months of feeling crxx Now the problem is doc wants blood again on 13/12 ,so don't know whether to continue with this regime ,or stop all the add ons I am taking ,it is a difficult position to be in ,Will enjoy this bit of reasonable health while weather decent, I know how lucky I am ,and feel for all out there, one small progress at a time, friends.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Depends on what tests the doctor will be doing. Serum B12 is likely to be high if you are supplementing - unless you stop for 3-6 months at the least. Folic acid woulld probably have adjusted but ...

do you know what tests are being done - full blood count or....???

• Full blood count

• okay that means that they are probably looking for signs of macrocytosis - red blood cells slightly larger and rounder than they should be - in about 70% of people it's among the first symptoms of a b12 deficiency to manifest ... but that doesn't necessarily help if you are on of the 30%.

If you have macrocytosis it takes about 4 months to clear once your B12 levels have been corrected.

• Hi May61. What Gambit62 says....and just wanted to say...really pleased that you're feeling a bit better and good luck with the MRI results 😀

• thanks

You may also like...